Blog - News

Apr 16, 2020 | Read time 2 min

Speechmatics publishes new guide providing ten recommendations for contact centers to maximize voice technology for better customer interactions

The guide gives tips on how to derive value and insights from customer and operator interactions using mission-critical, accurate speech recognition.

Speechmatics, a UK leader in any-context speech recognition technology, today announced a new guide giving recommendations to contact centers on how to derive more value and insights from their customer and operator interactions using mission-critical, accurate speech recognition. The guide was inspired by findings in a recent Speechmatics report – The State of Voice in the Contact Center Industry, which found that 86% of contact centers saw improved customer experience as a direct benefit of adopting voice technology. Traditionally, contact centers have recorded calls for compliance and dispute purposes. However, research from Call Miner suggests that contact centers analyze less than 3% of voice interactions. This leaves 97% of call data untouched as it has been difficult and expensive to evaluate accurately in audio format.

“We are now in a much more data-driven business environment. Using voice technology, we can transform call data into a valuable text asset. Contact centers can find patterns and trends within interactions to inform decisions that impact the customer experience,”

said VP Products, Ian Firth.

“It is estimated that contact centers capture billions of hours of voice data each year. Voice technology makes call data accessible immediately at a fraction of the storage capacity.”

The Speechmatics engine uses machine learning to transcribe voice in any context and consistently delivers low word error rate across all languages and use cases. Accuracy is imperative to ensure the most effective analytics. Whether it’s to determine the sentiment of a call to evoke a specific response or to get an accurate representation of context, an accurate transcription is key in underpinning the meaning in calls. The Speechmatics guide “How to improve your customer experience” focuses on 10 ways contact centers can analyze customer and agent interactions using voice technology and shows how to make improvements to internal processes, identify knowledge or training gaps and roll out data-driven programs and campaigns. The 10 recommendations include: 360 view of the customer Speed-up dispute / issue resolution Improve customer satisfaction Leverage sentiment analysis Identify best practices Improve agent performance i. Knowledge base ii. Better training iii. Improve job satisfaction Call routing Interaction history Identify risk / compliance issues Automated tools and processes For a copy of the complete guide please download below.